Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fool In The Rain

Soaked to the bone. I returned from my run this morning - squish, squash, squish, squash. My soaked shoes oozed from their pores a mixture of sweat and rain. It was one of those defining runs that shape your experience as a runner. I had an intense runner's high for at least 6 of the 8 miles I ran this morning. Starting out in a light drizzle I warmed up my muscles jogging at an easy pace. By about mile two the rain had swelled into an utter downpour that continued unabated for the next 45 minutes. Pushed through the run by the incredible endorphins coarsing though by veins, I felt like I could have run forever. Chasing this elusive euphoria is why I run.

"I run in the rain til I'm breathless, when I'm breathles I run til I drop."

-Robert Plant

No comments: